What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket, enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders .
The B-IOT website is hosted in the United States and Singapore and is intended for Indian and International audiences. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the B-IOT servers hosted in United States and Singapore and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
International Visitors: The website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States and Canadian visitors as well as visitors from the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
We comply with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Nest has certified (through its parent) that it adheres to the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to your account
• By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
B-IOT, brand of Indigo Stripes Management Consulting and Services Pvt Ltd
Novel Tech Park, Kudlu Gate, Hosur Road
Bangalore, Karnataka 560100 India
Ph: +91 80 4213 9033
END CUSTOMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES
The goods are warranted against defects arising from faulty designs, workmanship and materials for a period of 24 months from the date of installation on the following terms and conditions and to you.
This Warranty is given by Indigo Stripes Management Consulting and Services Pvt Ltd (Indigo Stripes), Novel Tech Park, Kudlu Gate, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100 India (for purchased in India).
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. In the event of a minor failure, Indigo Stripes reserves the right to chose to repair or replace the product.
To make a support request, you should call Customer Care Phone +91 4213 9033. You will also be able to escalate the issue in case of any grievance or dissatisfaction or any perceived delay in response. To make a warranty/support claim, you must be able to supply the proof or purchase.
This warranty will not apply in the following cases:
• Any defect or damage which is a result of repair, alteration or modification carried out without the written permission of Indigo Stripe to the meters, cables, repeater/routers and associated plumbing lines.
• The product subjected to any installation or other work by any other person other than an authorized Indigo Stripe Installation Technician.
• The use of parts not manufactured, sold or approved by Indigo Stripes are used in any replacement or repair.
• The product is operated on an electrical or gas or non-domestic water supply which exceeds the ratings specified by Indigo Stripes.
• The product is damaged as direct result of incorrect installation by a third party or the user themselves or being used for a purpose for which it is not designed, sold or otherwise not in accordance with any specified instructions by us.
• Installation for any parts provided or services rendered by any third party during or after the Installation process;
• If changes occur in the condition or operational qualities of the product due to incorrect storage, mounting, climate or any other influence outside the control of Indigo Stripes.
• The product is damaged as a result of operating the product when it was known to be defective.
• When the cleaning of blockages in pipe lines did not take place.
• When damage is caused directly or indirectly by utility supply problems, insect, animal attacks, electrical storm damage or deliberate attempts to tamper the power supply unit.
• The company will recommend installation of strainers in the supply pipe lines before each meter, in case it finds the water to be containing high amount of dirt, sand and soil. The company will not be responsible for any problems arising out of bad water quality, excessive dirt or hardness in the water especially when a strainer was not installed despite the recommendation by the Company.
• Accidental or deliberate damage to the Hardware by anyone;
• Damage to the Hardware on account of force majeure;
• Attempts to remove the serial number or identifying labels causing defacing of the serial numbers or any other cosmetic damage.
• Damage arising to your property at the Address of Installation which is caused by an act of omission, commission or negligence by You or any other third party service provider, and
• Hardware in case the Hardware is moved from the address by unauthorized persons.
Cosmetic failures (bezels, top covers etc).
• Subject to the exceptions enumerated in points above, during the Warranty Period, any covered fault in the Hardware i.e.: covered under the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Hardware and not falling under any of the exceptions above will be fixed by Indigo Stripes without any charge to you.
After the expiration of the Warranty Period, Indigo Stripes does not have any obligation / liability to you if there is any defect in the Hardware. Indigo Stripes may provide you with an Annual Service Commitment facility for getting your Hardware serviced after the end of the Warranty Period subject to an annual charge as may be determined by Indigo Stripes from time to time.
Indigo Stripes reserves the right to charge for any service call by an Engineer and resulting Installation which does not relate to a covered fault or which takes place after the Warranty Period in accordance with the applicable rate card and debit such amounts from Your Service Account.
Based on commercial related or other factors, the terms and conditions of this Warranty are liable to be modified / revised at any point of time by us without any separate notice to You. You are advised to kindly refer to the website for the latest version applicable at any point of time.
Except as expressly stated herein, Indigo Stripes makes no other representation, either express or implied, regarding Hardware. All warranties or representations, including implied warranties of merchandisability and fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, are disclaimed.
Applicable warranties on Hardware will be valid only if the Engineer completes the Installation as indicated by a duly completed Installation Work Order/ Work Orders.
The Warranty terms and conditions form part and parcel of the Specific Terms and Conditions of the Indigo Stripes Service Contract and shall be read in conjunction with each other. Capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as assigned in the Indigo Stripes Service Contract. If there are any inconsistencies between these Warranty terms and conditions and the Indigo Stripes Service Contract, these Warranty terms and conditions shall govern for the limited purpose as specified herein. The Warranty terms and conditions are limited as specified and shall not constitute a modification or waiver of any other provision of the Indigo Stripes Service Contract.